Wednesday, March 5, 2014

So far, so good...

Surgery went well!  Dr. K said she did get a little upset at one point, but they got her settled down and for the most part, she did great!  He said she will most likely hit a rough patch tonight when the numbing wears off, but now that she is 2 months old, we are able to give her Tylenol, which I am thankful for!  So, we are going to stay on top of that and hope it helps! 


As far as surgery, he was able to successfully stretch the Achilles tendon in both legs and pull the feet up.  She will now be casted for 2 weeks straight instead of one.  She will be having a couple more casts after that and then they'll reevaluate to determine whether she will need more casting or not.  Pray she responds well to the treatment and hopefully this set of casting will be done sooner than later!

THANK YOU for your encouragement and most of all your prayers!  I can say, without a doubt, God heard your prayers today for our sweet Amelia!

A friend shared this verse with me this morning from Psalm 121:1-2.  What I love about this verse is that THE Creator of Heaven and earth was with each of us this morning (and always)!  How awesome that is!! 

"I lift my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the maker of heaven and earth."








No comments: